Project DB2015

A master database of all ZS- and ZU-registrations and hexcodes will be kept up to date and posted here.
hermanZA

Project DB2015

Post by hermanZA » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:48 am

As you can very well imagine, trying to compile / build / sort / merge the different data sources together is a rather massive endeavour, since there are so many variables and different ways this data is complied by the different sources. All help and assistance will be appreciated.

At least we need:
Hex | Reg.No| Make & Model | Operator | Serial No | ICAO Type

27/08/2015 : Build 001
I have taken (in this order): the CAA register (August 2015 version) + Bell's DB + my Gatwick AS DB (with additions that I bummed here), stripped it down to what we need and just merely merged that into one comprehensive listing, consisting of all the data I have. Something like 119 000 entries there.

Results: Duplicated entires (since there was 3 sources on some data, it will give 3 lines). Missing fields on some lines (like HEX, ICAO Type and AirID). AirID is to be dropped in the next version as it has no real value to us.
Next: Use the Master FAPE we have and add the above data to it.

Would very much like you brainey chaps to have a quick look see and give some feedback. Do we need any other fields in there? I have no idea what the AirNav DB looks like, or what its willing to import.

Since this is on a public forum, the zip is pa$$-w0rd protected - delete the leading and trailing ...: ...Afr1(4nSk13s... Just an Excel sheet in there with the ZS-ZZ registrations - about 17000 lines.
AIRCRAFT- ZS-ZZ-unsorted raw from imports.zip
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 21 times

Bell 407

Re: Project DB2015

Post by Bell 407 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:56 pm

I would do the following just as a start to make it more accessible:

(1) Separate out ZS, ZT and ZU into separate tabs.
(2) Create a 4th tab called Mil for Military.
(3) Delete everything else that was at the bottom of the spreadsheet.

Mail sent :Like:

Bell 407

Post by Bell 407 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:52 pm

Anybody interested in exporting their "aircraft" file from their MyLog DB3 file and sending it to Herman? This will assist in including the Last Seen aspect of the MyLog DB which should help confirm the currently used Hex Code.

In order to extract the file you will need to use the MyLogDB3Tool which can be downloaded from this website: http://www.earthimage.co.za/AnrbDb3Tool/. Let the tool do its thing and then email Herman the aircraft Excel file.

Info from around the country will certainly assist.

hermanZA

Post by hermanZA » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:02 pm

Indeed so! The more current information we can get, so much better and more accurate the result will be.

hermanZA

Post by hermanZA » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:16 am

Just doing some random selection and checking. I'm not trying to blaas my eie beuel, I'm trying to check if what I did, is indeed working and accurate and if the rest of you, concur with my results.

Seeing hexcode 008235 but dont have any info on it.

Looking in my own DB = No results
Looking in Bell's DB:
+---------+---------+-------+-------+------+--------+----------+------------+
| hexcode | hexlast | regno | model | type | serial | operator | moddate |
| NULL | 008235 | | | | NULL | | 2012-08-09 |

He has seen it, but also has nothing on it.

Lets look in the Master DB as compiled by FAPE:
+---------+---------+--------+-------------+------+-----------+--------------------------+---------+
+---------+---------+--------+-------------+------+-----------+--------------------------+---------+
| 008235 | NULL | ZS-AVC | Cessna 172S | C172 | 172S11173 | Avic Air Asset (Pty) Ltd | NULL |

Aaah! We got a hit! Now we have a Reg No.
Lets check if the AVDex Register has something on it .....
+---------+---------+--------+------------------------------+------+-----------+---------------------------+------------+
+---------+---------+--------+------------------------------+------+-----------+---------------------------+------------+
| NULL | NULL | ZS-AVC | CESSNA AIRCRAFT COMPANY 172S | NULL | 172S11173 | AVIC AIR ASSETS (PTY) LTD | 2014-07-23 |

Cool. So based on the information in the DB's, we can now assume:
008235 = ZS-AVC
Unless we have any other newer information.

Bell 407

Post by Bell 407 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:50 pm

Great to see this project taking shape due to Herman's intervention and enthusiasm :Praise:

Herman has been contacted by a couple of people who are willing to share their data but they are not sure how to extract it in a usable format. For those of you unsure you are welcome to Dropbox me a link with your NavData.Db3 and MyLog.Db3 files and I will extract and forward on for you.

These files can be found in your RadarBox programme installation directory and then accessing the directory Data :Happy:

Bell 407

Post by Bell 407 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:57 am

Since we have dropped in to 2016, may I inquire as to the status of this project?